Friday 25 September 1964
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Tooley and Maria Doyle Kennedy.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Contempt, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gut gefragt ist halb gewonnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1964 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Bryan Tooley: Eugene, Oregon -- Kayak (1996 Olympics).
- Maria Doyle Kennedy: Irish actress and singer.
- Anita Barone: American actress.
- Gary Ayles: English race car driver.
- Barbara Dennerlein: German organist.
- Chris Impellitteri: American guitarist and songwriter (Impellitteri and Animetal USA)
- Kikuko Inoue: Japanese singer-songwriter and voice actress (DoCo)
- Maria Kennedy: Irish actress and singer
- Lily Mariye: American actress and director
- Joey Saputo: Canadian businessman and sports executive
- Jens Otto Krag forms minority government in Denmark
- The Mozambican War of Independence is launched by FRELIMO.
- September – Pete Townshend of The Who destroys his first guitar in the name of auto-destructive art at the Railway Hotel, London.
- October – In ''Photoplay'' magazine, Hedda Hopper announces that Sophia Loren and Paul Newman will star in the film version of Arthur Miller's play ''After the Fall'', with Loren in the role that was written about Marilyn Monroe. The film was never made.
- Three thousand student activists at University of California, Berkeley surround and block a police car from taking a CORE volunteer arrested for not showing his ID, when he violated a ban on outdoor activist card tables. This protest eventually explodes into the Berkeley Free Speech Movement.
- The ''Shinkansen'' high-speed rail system is inaugurated in Japan, for the first sector between Tokyo and Osaka.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 September 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?