Tuesday 25 September 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Nosferatu the Vampyre, directed by Werner Herzog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1979 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean-Rene Lisnard: French tennis player.
- Kyle Bennett: American BMX rider (d. 2012).
- An Choyoung: South Korean Go player.
- Rashad Evans: American mixed martial artist and wrestler.
- Jason Koumas: Welsh footballer.
- Jean-René Lisnard: French tennis player
- Evita opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 1568 performances
- California Angels win their 1st NL West pennant
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Herb Alpert - Rise
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Commodores - Sail On
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?