Sunday 25 September 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dorothée Gilbert and Donald Glover.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tell Her About It by Billy Joel.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
The Professional, directed by Georges Lautner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bettkantengeschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz Bombers or Hoccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1983 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dorothée Gilbert: French ballerina, nominated Etoile (star) of the Paris Opera Ballet after a performance of Nutcracker (Nureyev) on 19 November 2007.
- Donald Glover: American actor and comedian.
- Son Dam-bi: South Korean singer and actress.
- Terrance Pennington: American football player.
- Leopold III: Duke of Austria (d. 1386).
- 35th Emmy Awards: Hill St. Blue, Cheers, Ed Flanders and Shelley Long
- Bob Forsch pitches 2nd career no-hitter, Cards beat Expos 3-0
- Maze Prison escape: 38 republican prisoners, armed with 6 handguns, hijack a prison meals lorry and smash their way out of the Maze prison. It is the largest prison escape since WWII and in British history.
- September 26 ampndash Soviet military officer Stanislav Petrov averts a worldwide nuclear war by correctly identifying a missile attack warning as a false alarm.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- Asia - Don't Cry
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?