Wednesday 25 September 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Money For Nothing by Dire Straits.
In UK Dancing In The Street by David Bowie & Mick Jagger was in the top 5 hits.
Come and See, directed by E. Klimov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1985!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1985 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Calvin Johnson: American football player.
- Gökhan Güleç: Turkish footballer.
- Marvin Matip: German footballer.
- Albert Moeschinger: Composer, dies at 88.
- Palestinian terrorists kill 3 Israeli sailors at Lanaca Cyprus
- Rickey Henderson steals Yankee record 75th base of season
- Akali Dal wins Punjab State election in India.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- A-Ha - Take On Me
- Whitney Houston - Saving All My Love For You
- Ready For The World - Oh Sheila
- Kool & The Gang - Cherish
- Wham! - Freedom
- Phil Collins - Don't Lose My Number
- Madonna - Dress You Up
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Lonely Ol' Night
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 September 1985 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?