Thursday 25 September 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Finances of the Grand Duke, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 25 September 2008 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 September
- U.S. regulators seize bank Washington Mutual, the biggest bank failure in the nation's history, and sell its assets to JPMorgan Chase & Company for US$1.9 billion. Washington Mutual was the largest savings and loan bank, with $307 billion of assets and $188 billion of deposits.
- China launches the spacecraft Shenzhou 7.
- Pakistani and United States forces exchange fire on the Afghan-Pakistan border. (''The New York Times'')
- Senior members of the United States Congress agree on a legislative deal to bail out the U.S. financial system from lingering effects of the subprime mortgage crisis. (AFP via News Limited)
- The Texas Supreme Court denies a petition by the Bob Barr US Presidential campaign seeking removal of Senators Barack Obama and John McCain from that state's ballot due to both candidates missing the filing deadline. (''Dallas Morning News'')
- An effigy of Barack Obama is found hanging from a tree at George Fox University in Newberg, Oregon. (AP via Google News)
- A young Canadian man is found guilty in the 2006 Toronto terrorism case of participating in a plot to storm the Parliament of Canada and behead the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper. (AP via CNN)
- United States economy
- Jobless claims in the United States rise to a seven-year high while orders for durable goods fall to their lowest level in 18 months, underscoring the weakness of the United States economy. (Fox Business)
- Following the purchase of British Energy by Electricité de France, plans for a new Hinkley Point C nuclear power station have been announced. (Nuclear News)
- The death toll from Typhoon Hagupit rises to 18 with 10 people dead in the People's Republic of China as well as 8 people killed earlier in the Philippines. (CNN)
- Dark flow, a new and unexplained cosmic phenomenon, is observed by astronomers for the first time. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?