Sunday 25 September 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Real Steel, directed by Shawn Levy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hunter x Hunter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Code_18 or Darkspore.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 September 2011 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 September
- A suicide bombing near a church in Central Java, Indonesia, kills at least two people and injures several others. (BBC)
- Four consecutive bombings kill at least 10 people and injure 70 others in the Iraqi city of Karbala. (CNN)
- The United Nations Security Council urges all sides in the 2011 Yemeni uprising to ampquotshow maximum restraintampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Gunfire is reported at a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) compound in the Afghan capital Kabul. (BBC)
- A Buddha Air flight taking tourists to see Mount Everest crashes in Nepal, killing 19 people. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- An out-of-control forest fire near the Canadian town of Fort McMurray in Alberta causes the closure of Highway 63. (''Vancouver Sun''
- At least five people are shot dead in two locations in the US state of Indiana. (AP via ABC News America)
- Senate elections in France result in a left-wing majority, headed by the Socialist Party, for the first time in the history of the Fifth Republic. (''Le Monde'')
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia announces reforms giving women the right to vote and run in municipal elections. (BBC)
- The Prime Minister of Jamaica Bruce Golding announces plans to step down as soon as the Jamaica Labour Party announces its new leader in December. (Go Jamaica)
- In athletics, Patrick Makau Musyoki of Kenya breaks the world record for the marathon at the Berlin Marathon, pending official ratification by the International Association of Athletics Federations. (AP via the ''Wall Street Journal'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?