Monday 26 April 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oldrich Frantisek Korte and Michael Mathias Prechtl.
She, directed by Leander De Cordova, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1926 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Oldrich Frantisek Korte: Composer.
- Michael Mathias Prechtl: German illustrator (d. 2003).
- Preston "Bob": Tisch; NFL co-owner (New York Giants).
- Michael Joughin: CEO (Scottish Hydro-Electric).
- David Wachs: American merchandising marketeer and CEO of Charming Shoppes, the head corporation of Fashion Bug outlets and other women's clothing and accesories stores.
- David Coleman: English sportscaster and game show host (d. 2013)
- J Hutto: American singer and guitarist (d. 1983)
- Michael Prechtl: German soldier and illustrator (d. 2003)
- Germany and Russia sign neutrality / peace treaty
- Karachai Autonomous Region is established in RSFSR (until 1943).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Always - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Thanks for the Buggy Ride - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Here in My Arms - Jack Shilkret & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?