Wednesday 26 April 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1933 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Carol Burnett: American comedienne on stage, in films and on TV.
- Carol Burnett in San Antonio: Texas, USA; comedian/actress (Annie, Four Seasons).
- Aleksandr Chuchelov: Estonian sailor.
- Filiberto Ríos: Puerto Rican general (d. 2005).
- Arno Penzias: German-American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jewish students are barred from school in Germany.
- The Gestapo, the official secret police force of Nazi Germany, is established.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?