Monday 26 April 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Boozer and Jean-Pierre Beltoise.
Night Must Fall, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Sports Review.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1937!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1937 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Robert Boozer: Omaha, Nebraska -- Basketball player (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jean-Pierre Beltoise: French motorcycle racer and Formula One driver, known for having won the 1972 F1 Monaco Grand Prix under heavy rain.
- Pierre Beltoise: Boulogne Billt Journalist.
- Spanish Civil War: Guernica (or Gernika in Basque), Spain is bombed by German Luftwaffe.
- The Dáil Éireann passes the Executive Authority (Consequential Provisions) Act, 1937, which abolishes the office of Governor-General of the Irish Free State, retrospectively dated to December 1936.
- 17 million unemployed in the USA.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?