Wednesday 26 April 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
D.O.A., directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1950 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Tom Norton: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Minnesota Twins for one season in 1972.
- Peter Schaufuss: director of ballet (Deutsche Opera Berlin).
- Howard "Leon": Reeder; rock guitarist (Champaign).
- G Murray Hulbert: American politician (Born 1881).
- Last horse race at Havre de Grace Track in Maryland is run.
- University of Miami ends William and Mary straight tennis match victories at 82.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bewitched - Bill Snyder Orchestra
- Ray Anthony - Sentimental Me
- Sentimental Me - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?