Thursday 26 April 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Godzilla, King of the Monsters!, directed by Ishir Honda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1956 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Taina West: Finnish television personality.
- Koo Stark [Kathleen Dee-Anne]: Photographer / actress (Emily).
- Giacomo Poretti: Italian singer, one of three brothers who sang as a trio, Aldo, Giovanni and Giacomo.
- Philippe Dorison: French director, writer and cinematographer.
- Koo Stark: American actress and photographer.
- Imanol Arias: Spanish actor and film director.
- Edward Arnold: Actor (Mr Smith Goes to Washington), dies at 66.
- First container ship left Port Newark, New Jersey for Houston, Texas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?