Thursday 26 April 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Damien Munoz and Tracy Kathleen Hayes in Wheaton.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
High Plains Drifter, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Picture of Katherine Mansfield.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1973 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Damien Munoz: Miss Colorado-USA (1997).
- Tracy Kathleen Hayes in Wheaton: Illinois, USA; Miss Illinois-America (5th-1996).
- Mark Davis: NBA guard / forward (Philadelphia 76ers, Minnesota Timberwolves).
- Stephanie Graf: Austrian athlet, who won the silver medal for running 800 m at the 2000 Olympics.
- Gesar Mukpo: Tibetan filmmaker (actor, director, writer).
- Geoff Blum: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Jules Naudet: French-American director and producer
- Chris Perry: English footballer
- Óscar Junyent: Spanish footballer and coach
- Irene Ryan: actress (Granny - The Beverly Hillbillies), dies at age 71 six weeks after suffering a stroke while performing in the Broadway musical Pippin.
- 2 Gentlemen of Verona, musical opens in London
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- This first day of trading on the Chicago Board Options Exchange
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Carpenters - Sing
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Temptations - Masterpiece
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?