Monday 26 April 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Nothin' On You by B.o.B..
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 April 2010 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 April
- Urs Felber: Swiss industrialist (Born 1942).
- Belgium's King Albert accepts the resignation of Prime Minister Yves Leterme, ending his government's term and leading to early elections in June 2010. (BBC)
- 2010 Thai political protests:
- Several grenade attacks occur at the homes of former Thai Prime Minister Banharn Silpa-archa and in Chiang Mai. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Red shirt protesters set up roadblocks to prevent police reinforcements from reaching the capital Bangkok. (Thai News Agency)
- Yellow shirt protesters say they will take action against the red shirts if the authorities do not deal with the protests. (Al Jazeera)
- Robotic submarines attempt to stop leaking oil in the aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig explosion. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- The British ambassador to Yemen, Timothy Torlot, survives an attempted suicide bombing. (''Washington Post'')
- Former dictator of Panama, Manuel Noriega is extradited from the United States to France. (CNN)
- Noma, located in Copenhagen, Denmark, is named as the ampquotworld's best restaurantampquot in ''Restaurant'' magazine's annual survey. (''The Guardian'')
- A 6.5~6.9 earthquake strikes near Taitung, south east of Taiwan. (Xinhua)
- By a 6-5 margin, a United States federal appeals court rules that a sex-discrimination lawsuit, the largest employment discrimination case in history, against Wal-Mart can continue. (''NY Times'')
- The United States Supreme Court agrees to hear a case challenging laws that forbid the selling of violent video games to minors. (''LA Times'')
- A Hamas militant is killed in Hebron after a shootout with the Israeli Defense Forces. (BBC)
- South Koreans pay tribute to the victims of the sinking of the ROKS ''Cheonan'' in March. (Al Jazeera)
- The Government of South Korea announces the completion of the world’s longest seawall in a reclaimed tidal flat in Gunsan, North Jeolla Province. (Korea Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?