Monday 26 August 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1940 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Michael Cockerell: English journalist.
- Don LaFontaine: American voice actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Nik Turner: English singer-songwriter and saxophonist (Hawkwind Inner City Unit and Space Ritual).
- Fred Milano: Rocker.
- RKC soccer team forms in Waalwijk
- Chad becomes the first French colony to join the Allies under the administration of Felix Eboue, France's first black colonial governor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?