Wednesday 26 August 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Yank at Eton, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1942!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1942 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- John E Blaha in San Antonio: Texas, USA; Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (STS 29, 33, STS 43).
- Vic Dana in Buffalo: New York, USA; singer/dancer (Talent Scouts).
- Vic Dana: Buffalo, New York -- Singer / dancer (Talent Scouts).
- Dennis Turner: Baron Bilston English lawyer and politician.
- Jean-Pierre Vincent: French actor and theatre director.
- Japanse troops lands on New-Guinea, Milne Bay
- Russian counter offensive begins in Moscow
- 7,000 Jews rounded up in Vichy Free Zone of France.
- Holocaust in Chortkiav, western Ukraine: At 2.30 am the German Schutzpolizei starts driving Jews out of their houses, divides them into groups of 120, packs them in freight cars and deports 2000 to Belzec death camp. 500 of the sick and children are murdered on the spot.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?