Sunday 26 August 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1951 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Gerd Bonk: German weightlifter (d. 2014).
- Edward Witten: American physicist and academic.
- Robert G Torricelli: (Rep-D-New Jersey, 1983- ).
- Roger Karoutchi: French Ambassador to the OECD.
- Jongbloed in Paris demonstrates artificial heart
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?