Monday 26 August 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ludger Beerbaum and David Byas.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1963 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Ludger Beerbaum: Internationally successful German equestrian who competes in show jumping, and has been ranked the No.
- David Byas: English cricketer and umpire.
- Stephen Dubner: American journalist and author.
- Patrice Oppliger: American author critic and academic.
- Larry Keating: Actor (George Burns Show, Roger-Mr Ed), dies at 67.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?