Wednesday 26 August 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Boyes and Karla Karch-Gailus.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match of the Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1964 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Dave Boyes: St. Catharines, Ontario -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Karla Karch-Gailus: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Basketball guard (1996 Olympics).
- Steven Robbins: American homicide, beat his estranged wife, Kathy Jean, to death and put a knife in her throat on 5 December 1993.
- Mehriban Aliyeva: Azerbaijani wife of Ilham Aliyev.
- Peter Bromby: Bermudian sailor.
- Kevin Burns: American lawyer and politician
- Allegra Huston: English-American author and screenwriter
- Bobby Jurasin: CFL defensive end (Saskatchewan Roughriders)
- Chad Kreuter: Marin County, California -- Catcher (Chicago White Sox)
- Zadok Malka: Israeli footballer and manager
- Torsten Schmitz: German boxer
- Carsten Wolf: German cyclist
- Italians CP selects Luigi Longo as chairman
- LBJ nominated at Democratic Convention in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Lyndon Johnson nominated for President at Democratic convention in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?