Saturday 26 August 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1967 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Michael Gove: Scottish journalist and politician Secretary of State for Education.
- Sasha Djordjevic: Serbian basketball player: guard.
- Myron Guyton: NFL full safety (NE Patriots).
- Andres Sas: Composer, dies at 67.
- Beatles, Mick Jagger and Marienne Faithful meet Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- Dean Chance pitches a 2-1 no-hitter, and Twins sweep Cleveland
- Dutch 2nd Chamber demands US stop bombing North Vietnam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?