Monday 26 August 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1968 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Chris Boardman: English cyclist.
- Byron Lawson: Canadian actor.
- Bruno Konczylo: French athlete, 800m specialist.
- Courtney Hall: NFL center (SD Chargers).
- Gavin Stratfold: Darwin, Northwest Territories -- Australasia golfer.
- Kay Francis: American actress (Born 1899).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- Marvin Gaye - You're All I Need To Get By
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?