Saturday 26 August 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Babel, directed by Alejandro Gonzlez Irritu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 26 August 2006 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 August
- Clyde Walcott: Barbadian West Indies cricketer (Born 1926).
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- EU officials caution that the peacekeeping force in Lebanon will not disarm Hezbollah. Disarming Hezbollah is the responsibility of the Lebanese government and army. (NY Times)
- The Andover Inn Hotel in Liverpool was hit by a mystery fire in the early hours which led to 100 guests being evacuated. (Sunday Mirror)
- Chad orders United States' ChevronTexaco and Malaysia's Petronas out of the country for failing to meet tax obligations. Chadian president, Idriss Déby, stated that Chad, whose new national oil company was to partner with an Exxon Mobil-ChevronTexaco-Petronas consortium, will continue to work with US' Exxon Mobil while attempting to ampquotfind a solution with the two other partners.ampquot (BBC)
- Eyewitnesses claim that Israel bombed a Reuters armored car in Gaza City. Hospital staff say that two cameramen and three bystanders were injured. (Associated Press)
- Pakistani security forces kill rebel chieftain Nawab Akbar Bugti in heavy fighting near the town of Dera Bugti in Baluchistan province. At least 25 commandos and 30 insurgents were killed in the fighting. (News Limited)
- NASA delays the launch of the Space Shuttle ''Atlantis'' (STS-115) for 24 hours. Lightning struck the space shuttle launch pad on Friday but no damage was caused. (Reuters)
- Ugandan government and rebel group Lord's Resistance Army sign a truce, in efforts to end the 20-year conflict. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?