Thursday 26 August 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Piranha, directed by Alexandre Aja, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching JonTron.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Attack of the Movies 3D or DJMAX Portable Hot Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 August 2010 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 August
- Raimon Panikkar: Catalan philosopher (Born 1918).
- German HIV-positive pop singer Nadja Benaissa is found guilty of grievous bodily harm after transmitting HIV to a man who had unprotected sex with her without her telling him of her condition. (''New York Times'')
- Mass protests by civil servants in South Africa continue, demanding improved pay and benefits. (Al Jazeera)
- Two Greek F-16 planes collide mid-air south of Crete 2 out of 3 pilots are rescued. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 2010 Pakistan floods
- Pakistan orders nearly half a million people in towns including Sujawal, Mirpur Bathoro and Daro threatened by floods to evacuate. (AFP via Google News)
- The Pakistan Taliban threatens to kidnap foreign aid workers. (''The Telegraph'')
- The United States Food and Drug Administration finds that feed given to hens at Wright County Egg and Hillandale Farm led to a salmonella outbreak in eggs. (CNN)
- Former International Atomic Energy Agency director Olli Heinonen claims that Iran has stockpiled enough low-enriched uranium for one to two nuclear bombs. (Haaretz)
- Israel asks Germany to arrest Klaas Carel Faber, a Nazi war criminal who killed 20 Jews at Westerbork concentration camp. (''Haaretz'')
- ''The New York Times'' claims that Mohammed Zia Salehi, an official of Afghanistan's Karzai administration accused of graft is on the United States Central Intelligence Agency payroll. (''The New York Times'')
- Ahmad Vahidi, Iran's Minister of Defense, offers military assistance to Lebanon following a request from Hezbollah. (AFP via ''Lebanon Daily Star'')
- South Korea's presidential office claims that North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is visiting China for the second time this year. (Al Jazeera)
- Russian police arrest activists from Amnesty International and remove volunteers from Greenpeace Russia and the ONE Campaign at a U2 concert in Moscow. (Business Week)
- An independent counsel finds that the Governor of New York David Paterson gave misleading evidence about intending to pay for free tickets that he obtained to last year's baseball world series and refers the issue to the Albany District Attorney for possible prosecution for perjury. (''New York Times'')
- Mexico asks its Latin American neighbours to help identify the 72 people found murdered in Tamaulipas. (AFP via ''The Age'')
- Solomon Islands MP Steve Laore dies, reducing newly elected Prime Minister Danny Philip's parliamentary majority to just one. (Agence France Presse)
- Democratic Party of Japan powerbroker Ichirō Ozawa announces a leadership challenge to the Prime Minister of Japan Naoto Kan with a ballot to be held on September 14. (Reuters)
- Heavy rains wash red argillite sediment from old sedimentary rock into a river at Waterton Lakes National Park in Alberta, causing Cameron Falls to turn red. (''Daily Mail'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?