Friday 26 December 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1941 ?
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Kwanzaa
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- David Currie: American teacher, photographer.
- Daniel Schmid: Actor / director (Paloma, Violanta, Hecate, Amateurs).
- Şener Şen: Turkish actor and producer.
- Winston Churchill becomes first British Prime Minister to address a joint meeting of US Congress, warning that the Axis would "stop at nothing".
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs a bill establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?