Saturday 26 December 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Colleen Dion in Newburgh and Jeff King.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Feel Fine by The Beatles.
In UK I Feel Fine by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Time to Love, directed by Metin Erksan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Winchell-Mahoney Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1964 ?
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Kwanzaa
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Colleen Dion in Newburgh: New York, USA; actress (Felicia - The Bold and the Beautiful, Brett Gardner - Another World).
- Jeff King: Marion, Indiana -- Infielder (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Jeff King in Marion: Indiana, USA; infielder (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Giuseppe Pulie: Italian skier, the winner of a Silver Medal for the long distance and relay at Albertville Olympics February 1992.
- Elizabeth Kostova: American author.
- Moors Murderers claim last victim
- Buffalo Bills beat San Diego Chargers 20-7 in AFL championship game.
- Lesley Ann Downey, 10, is abducted by Myra Hindley and Ian Brady.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Feel Fine
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Beatles - She's A Woman
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- The Beach Boys - Dance, Dance, Dance
- The Larks - The Jerk
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?