Tuesday 26 December 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennica Garcia and Baby Biffle.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Another Day In Paradise by Phil Collins.
In UK You Got It (The Right Stuff) by New Kids On The Block was in the top 5 hits.
Always, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Dark Half by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching T-Bag and the Pearls of Wisdom.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Curse or Gekitotsu Shiku Battle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1989!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1989 ?
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Kwanzaa
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Jennica Garcia: Filipina actress.
- Baby Biffle: American baby born under traumatic conditions.
- Keenan MacWilliam: TV Actress.
- Frankie Donjae: Vine Star.
- Yohan Blake: Runner.
- Dana Alexa: Dancer
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Phil Collins - Another Day In Paradise
- Linda Ronstadt - Don't Know Much
- Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire
- Janet Jackson - Rhythm Nation
- Taylor Dayne - With Every Beat Of My Heart
- Soul II Soul - Back To Life
- Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
- Cher - Just Like Jesse James
- New Kids On The Block - This One's For The Children
- Bon Jovi - Living In Sin
Top #10 songs in the UK
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff)
- Kylie & Jason - Especially For You
- Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Neville - Don't Know Much
- Erasure - Crackers International (EP)
- Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers - Let's Party
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Jason Donovan - When You Come Back To Me
- Inner City - Good Life
- Kaoma - Lambada
- Angry Anderson - Suddenly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?