Sunday 26 December 2004
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Drop It Like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid 20 was in the top 5 hits.
Brick, directed by Rian Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 2004!
Which were the important events of 26 December 2004 ?
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Kwanzaa
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 December
- Jonathan Drummond-Webb: South African heart surgeon (Born 1959).
- Khun Bhumi Jensen: Thai Royal Family member (Born 1983).
- Sigurd K?hn: Norwegian jazz musician (Born 1959).
- Sir Angus Ogilvy: British businessman (Born 1928).
- Marianne Heiberg: Norwegian mediator (Born 1945).
- A 9.3 magnitude earthquake creates a tsunami causing devastation in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Maldives and many other areas around the rim of the Indian Ocean, killing over 230,000 people including over 1700 on a moving train.
- Orange Revolution: The final run-off election is held under heavy international scrutiny.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 December 2004 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?