Tuesday 26 February 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1918 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Le Pesant Francois: France Military man.
- Otis Ray Bowen: American physician & politician, 44th Governor of Indiana, and 16th United States Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Otis R: Bowen US Secretary of Health and Human Services (1985-89).
- Edwin Charles: "Preacher" Roe baseball pitcher (Brooklyn Dodgers).
- Theodore [Hamilton] Sturgeon US: sci-fi author (Starshine, A Way Home, Hugo, Caviar).
- Otis Bowen: American physician and politician 44th Governor of Indiana (d. 2013)
- Theodore Sturgeon: American writer distinguished for science-fiction, the winner of the Nebula Award in 1970, the Hugo Award in 1971 and the International Fantasy award in 1953 for his work, "More Than Human." His other works include many anthologies and the book, "Cavier." Sturgeon was first published in September 1939, working many other jobs before becoming a popular author.
- Stands at Hong Kong Jockey Club collapse and burn, killing 604.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Oriental - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- No Place Like Home - Bert Williams
- Some Sunday Morning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Long Boy - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 February 1918 and get them!