Tuesday 26 February 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Otis R and Edwin Charles.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1918 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Otis R: Bowen US Secretary of Health and Human Services (1985-89).
- Edwin Charles: "Preacher" Roe baseball pitcher (Brooklyn Dodgers).
- Theodore [Hamilton] Sturgeon US: sci-fi author (Starshine, A Way Home, Hugo, Caviar).
- Otis Ray Bowen: American physician & politician, 44th Governor of Indiana, and 16th United States Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Theodore Sturgeon: American writer distinguished for science-fiction, the winner of the Nebula Award in 1970, the Hugo Award in 1971 and the International Fantasy award in 1953 for his work, "More Than Human.
- Le Pesant Francois: France Military man
- Otis Bowen: American physician and politician 44th Governor of Indiana (d. 2013)
- Stands at Hong Kong Jockey Club collapse and burn, killing 604.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- Oriental - Earl Fuller's Novelty Orchestra
- No Place Like Home - Bert Williams
- Some Sunday Morning - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Long Boy - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?