Wednesday 26 February 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Little Lord Fauntleroy, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1936 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- José Policarpo: Portuguese cardinal (d. 2014).
- Buddy Werner: American ski champion, won national alpine championship 1963.
- Wallace Werner: Steamboat Springs sports Champions.
- Eduard Ivanovich Buinovski: Cosmonaut.
- Manmohan Desai: Filmmaker.
- Military coup in Japan.
- In the February 26 Incident, young Japanese military officers attempt to stage a coup against the government.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1936?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?