Friday 26 February 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob "Bear" Hite and Bob van Reeth.
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1943 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Bob "Bear" Hite: California, United States -- Vocalist (Canned Heat-Going Up the Country).
- Bob van Reeth: Flemish architect.
- Paul Cotton in Los Angeles: California, USA; rocker (Poco).
- Bob "The Bear" Hite in California: USA; singer (Canned Heat - "Going Up the Country").
- Marilyn Michaels: American comedienne, a pretty, sparkly blonde who is well known as an impressionist on the stand-up circuit.
- Bill Duke: Actor (Bird on a Wire, Predator)
- Dante Ferretti: Italian art director and costume designer
- Bob Hite: American singer-songwriter (Canned Heat) (d. 1981)
- Theodor Eicke: German Inspector of the concentration camps and SS Guard Formations.
- German assault moves to Beja, North Tunisia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?