Thursday 26 February 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1953 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Francisca Martin Cano Abreu: Spanish feminist researcher and writer, author of a two-volume work on female sexuality in primitive societies.
- Michael Bolton: American singer, international superstar and social activist.
- Bree Walker news anchor (WNBC TV: KNBC TV).
- Elisabeth "Ilse" Kuyper: Dutch/US (opera)composer, dies.
- Allen W Dulles is promoted from deputy to 5th director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - I Believe
- Your Cheatin' Heart - Joni James
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 February 1953 and get them!