Friday 26 February 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Bolger and Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Betty White Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1954 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- John Bolger: Actor (Captain Gabe McNamara-Another World).
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan: Turkish politician, Prime Minister (2003-present).
- Michael Bolton in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; rock vocalist ("How Am I Supposed To Live Without You", "That's What Love Is All About").
- Ernst August: Prince of Hanover, heir to the deposed Kingdom of Hanover and husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco.
- Ernst August : German royalty, married to Princess Caroline of Monaco.
- Recep Erdogan: Prime Minister of Turkey, in office since 2003. He is also the chairman of the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP, AK Parti), which holds a majority of the seats in the Grand National Assembly of Turkey. Erdoğan served as Mayor of Istanbul from 1994 to 1998. He graduated from an Imam Hatip school, an Islamic high school, before studying in Marmara University's Faculty of Economics and Commercial Sciences, where he graduated in 1981. Erdoğan was also a semi-professional footballer from 196
- Ernst: Prince Ernst August of Hanover
- Recep Erdoğan: Turkish footballer and politician 12th President of Turkey
- William R Inge: English theologist/philosopher, dies at age 93.
- 1st typesetting machine (photo engraving) used - Quincy, Massachusetts
- First typesetting machine (photo engraving) is used, in Quincy, Massachusetts, USA.
- Michigan Representative Ruth Thompson (Republican) introduces legislation to ban mailing "obscene, lewd, lascivious or filthy" phonograph (rock and roll) records.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?