Sunday 26 February 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1956 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Berisford Anderson: American police officer and murder victim.
- Charlélie Couture: French musician, songwriter, singer and multi-disciplinary artist.
- Keisuke Kuwata: Japanese singer-songwriter and producer (Southern All Stars).
- Jonathan Schmock: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Michel Houellebecq: French writer, poet, essayist, novelist and filmmaker.
- Herman Courtens: Belgian baron/painter, dies at age 72.
- Writers Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes meet at a party in Cambridge
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Sarasota Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 February 1956 and get them!