Tuesday 26 February 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1957 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- David Muldrow Beasley: American politician and 113th Governor of South Carolina.
- David Beasley: American lawyer and politician 113th Governor of South Carolina.
- Joe Mullen: American ice hockey player and coach.
- Hervé Giraud: French Catholic bishop, the archbishop of Sens-Auxerre and Prelate of the Mission de France since 5 March 2015.
- Connie Carpenter-Phinney: Madison, Wisconsin -- 79k cyclist (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Keena Rothhammer: United States -- 800 m freestyle swimmer (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?