Friday 26 February 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to This Diamond Ring by Gary Lewis and the Playboys.
In UK I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Sound of Music, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1965 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Brittany York: London, England -- Playmate (Oct, 1990).
- Anicka Rodman: American fashion model and writer of an autobiography.
- Donald Narcisse: Canadian Football League receiver (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Alison Armitage in London: England; actress (Acapulco HEAT).
- Matt Jackson in Birmingham: Michigan, USA; Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Payless).
- Paul Gaban: Belgian race car driver, a member of a family of race drivers.
- James Mitchell: American wrestler and manager
- Linnar Viik: Estonian computer and scholar
- Jimmie Lee Jackson: civil rights activist, dies of injuries.
- West Germany ceases military aid to Tanzania.
- Dutch Government of Marijnen falls.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- The Zombies - Tell Her No
- Sam Cooke - Shake
- The Ad Libs - The Boy From New York City
- Peter and Gordon - I Go To Pieces
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?