Monday 26 February 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
The 47 Ronin, directed by Kenji Mizoguchi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Overload by Arthur Hailey was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1979 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Corinne Bailey Rae: English singer.
- Mariano Bainotti: Argentine racing driver.
- Pedro Mendes: Portuguese footballer.
- Steve Evans: American baseball player (Born 1885).
- Pedro da Silva Mendes: Portuguese footballer.
- Last total eclipse of Sun in 20th century for continental USA.
- A total solar eclipse arcs over northern Canada, and a partial solar eclipse is visible over almost all of North America and Central America.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 February 1979 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?