Sunday 26 February 1984
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Jump by Van Halen.
In UK Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Repo Man, directed by Alex Cox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1984!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1984 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Emmanuel Adebayor: Soccer Player.
- Beren Saat: TV Actress.
- Alex de Angelis: Sammarinese motorcycle racer.
- Natalia Lafourcade: Mexican singer-songwriter.
- Reference Point: British racehorse (d. 1991).
- Rev Jesse Jackson acknowledges that he called NYC, Hymietown
- Reverend Jesse Jackson acknowledges that he called New York City "Hymietown".
- Pak Awang (84) marries 80th spouse.
- Robert Penn Warren, Pulitzer Prize winner, named first US poet laureate.
- Last US marines in multinational peace-keeping force in Lebanon leave Beirut.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?