Monday 26 February 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to What Goes Around…Comes Around by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Death at a Funeral, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 26 February 2007 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 February
- Delwa Kassiré Koumakoye becomes the new Prime Minister of Chad, replacing interim PM Adoum Younousmi who stood in for Pascal Yoadimnadji since Yoadimnadji's death on 23 February 2007 in Paris. (IHT)
- Talpiot Tomb: Film director James Cameron claims to have found ossuaries that once contained the remains of Jesus of Nazareth, his disciple Mary Magdalene, and their son, named Judah. (CNN)
- Insurgency in Saudi Arabia: At least three French citizens have been shot dead in an attack near the historical site of Madain Saleh. (Al Jazeera)
- The Iraqi Government has come to an agreement to divide oil revenue and encourage foreign investment in the country. (CNN)
- A bomb inside the Iraqi Ministry of Public Works kills at least five people. It also injures Vice President Adil Abdul-Mahdi and the Minister for Public Works Reyad Ghareeb in a possible assassination attempt. (''New York Times'')
- ''The Daily Telegraph'' reports that Israel is negotiating with the United States for an air corridor over Iraq to carry out an air strike on Iranian nuclear facilities. Israeli Deputy Defense Minister Efraim Sneh calls the information ampquotbaseless.ampquot (''The Guardian'')
- The preliminary inquiry by the Rail Accident Investigation Branch into the Grayrigg rail crash finds that a key part of the set of points was missing. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Scientists find over 20 new species of animals as the Larsen Ice Shelf breaks in the Antarctic. (''The Times'')
- Four Guatemalan police officers jailed for the 19 February slaying of three Salvadoran deputies to the Central American Parliament are shot dead inside a maximum security prison a riot ensues. (BBC)
- Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney makes surprise visits to Pakistan and Afghanistan to encourage President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf and President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai to increase border security between the two countries and to take further action against the Taliban and al-Qaeda. (Bloomberg)
- United Kingdom Secretary of State for Defence Des Browne announces the deployment of an additional 1,400 troops to Afghanistan. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?