Thursday 26 February 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Associate by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hushove.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships or Alien Breed: Evolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 26 February 2009 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 February
- US President Barack Obama proposes a 2009/10 budget of US$3.6 trillion, with a US$1.75 trillion deficit, the highest ever, amounting to a 12.3 percent share of the economy, the largest since 1945. Planned spending includes US$634 billion to pay for healthcare reform, US$200 billion fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, and an extra US$250 billion set aside in case it is needed to bail out US banks.
- United States President Barack Obama will withdraw most soldiers from the Iraq War by August 2010. (CNN)
- The Bangladesh Rifles surrender after the government promises amnesty. (BBC)
- Palestinian groups Hamas and Fatah begin peace deliberations in Cairo, Egypt. (''New York Times'')
- The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia acquits former Serbian President Milan Milutinović of committing war crimes. (''New York Times'')
- Switzerland's UBS AG appoints former Credit Suisse CEO Oswald Grübel as its new Group CEO. (BBC)
- China's Navy and Denmark's Navy rescue Italian and Chinese merchant vessels from Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden. (BBC)
- The Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan, catches fire, five months after it was bombed. (BBC)
- Latvian President Valdis Zatlers names former Finance Minister Valdis Dombrovskis as the new Prime Minister. (BBC)
- Ajmal Kasab, the 2008 Mumbai attacks' lone surviving gunman, is charged with waging war against India. (Sky News)
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group reports a 2008 loss of £24.1 billion. (BBC)
- Thirteen thousand civil servants stage a one-day strike action in Ireland. (RTÉ)
- Former Guinean President Lansana Conté's eldest son confesses to drug trafficking. (BBC)
- An outbreak of dengue fever in Bolivia has killed 18 people and infected 31,000. (BBC)
- The University of Reading identifies the oldest words in the English language. (BBC)
- A study by the scientific journal ''Nature'' shows that HIV is evolving to resist the human immune system. (BBC)
- The earliest footprints evidencing modern human foot anatomy and gait are discovered in Koobi Fora, Kenya. (BBC)
- The Svalbard Global Seed Vault receives 90,000 food crop seed samples. (BBC)
- The Rocky Mountain News, one of Colorado's largest newspapers, publishes its last issue. This issue hits the streets the following morning.www.9news.com
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 February 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?