Monday 26 January 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Merchant of Venice, directed by Phillips Smalley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1914 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Kaye Webb: English writer / publisher (Puffin Club).
- Durru: Princess Durru Shehvar of the Ottoman Empire (d. 2006).
- Elsa De Giorgi: Italian film actress and a member of the House of Giorgi.
- Princess Hadice: Hayriye Ayshe Durruhsehvar (d. 2006).
- Stenersen Twins: Norwegian actresses who appeared in revues, comedies, and operettas.
- 600 Dutch textile workers go on strike.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That International Rag - Victor Military Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?