Wednesday 26 January 1921
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Kid, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1921!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1921 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Akio Morita: Japanese businessman co-founded Sony (d. 1999).
- Johannes Driessler: composer.
- Frantisek Chaun: composer.
- Eddie Barclay: French music producer whose singers included Jacques Brel, Dalida and Charles Aznavour.
- Toronto St. Pat Corb Denneny scores 6 goals vs. Hamilton Tigers
- Soccer team GVAV of Groningen Netherlands forms.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All She'd Say was Umh-Hum - Van & Schenck
- Waiting for the Sun to Come Out - Lambert Murphy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?