Saturday 26 January 1924
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Warren Frank Benson and Alice Babs.
The Little Napoleon, directed by Georg Jacoby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1924 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Warren Frank Benson: Composer.
- Alice Babs: Swedish singer.
- Armand Gatti: French playwright, poet, journalist, screenwriter, filmmaker and former WW II resistance fighter.
- Henri Pichette: French writer.
- Annette Strauss: American philanthropist and politician Mayor of Dallas (d. 1998).
- Charles Jewtraw, US 500m skater, takes first Winter Olympics gold medal.
- Saint Petersburg, Russia, is renamed Leningrad.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?