Monday 26 January 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Desmond Cassidi and Joan Leslie in Detroit.
The Lost World, directed by Harry O. Hoyt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1925 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Desmond Cassidi: British Admiral.
- Joan Leslie in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actress (Sergeant York, High Sierra, Yankee Doodle Dandy).
- Paul Newman: American actor and top star of long duration whose first film, "The Silver Chalice," was dreadful, but led to career development and a rise into the stratosphere of Hollywood stardom.
- David Jenkins: English bishop and theologian.
- Joan Leslie: American actress and singer (d. 2015).
- Ben Pucci: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2013)
- Claude Ryan: Canadian newspaper director and politician (Born 1925)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- June Brought the Roses - Nat Shilkret (as The Troubadors)
- All Alone - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Tea for Two - Marion Harris
- Copenhagen - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?