Monday 26 January 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1942 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Diana Oughton: American revolutionary activist, a member of the 1960s groups SDS and the Weather Underground, otherwise known as The Weathermen.
- Souad Hosni: Egyptian actress (d. 2001).
- Nigel Walmsley: chairman (Carlton United Kingdom Television).
- William McLennan: CEO (Central Statistical Office).
- Scott Glenn: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Right Stuff, Personal Best, Backdraft).
- Henry Jaglom: British-American actor and film-maker. He began his stage career in New York playing with summer stock companies before moving to Hollywood in 1969. An editorial consultant and actor in "Easy Rider," 1969, he segued into writing and directing plays and films, producing his own original work. He created The Women's Film Company and his work is critically acclaimed as unusual, intelligent productions.
- 1st US force in Europe during WWII go ashore in Northern Ireland
- Italian supreme command demands dismissal of German marshal Erwin Rommel.
- World War II: The first United States forces arrive in Europe landing in Northern Ireland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 January 1942 and get them!