Friday 26 January 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1951 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Walt Willey in Ottawa: Illinois, USA; actor (Joe Novak - Ryan's Hope, Jackson Montgomery - All My Children).
- Gilles Lemaire: French politician, who was national secretary of the Greens from January 2003 to January 2005.
- Andy Hummell in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; rock bassist (Big Star).
- Jarmila Kratochvilova in Czechoslovakia 400m/800m runner (women's world record holder: Olympics-silver-1980).
- David Briggs: Australian guitarist songwriter and producer (Little River Band).
- Andy Hummel: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Big Star) (d. 2010)
- Anne Mills: English economist and academic
- Christopher North: American keyboard player (Ambrosia)
- Mel Ott and Jimmie Foxx elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?