Monday 26 January 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1953 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Anders Rasmussen: Danish politician, a liberal-conservative leader newly elected the national Prime Minister in 2002.
- Alik L Alik: vice-president of the Federate States of Micronesie.
- Anders Fogh Rasmussen: Secretary General of NATO.
- Alik Alik: Micronesian politician 7th Vice President of the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Lucinda Williams: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Bert Heerink: Amsterdam, Holland -- Rock vocalist
- Athanase David: Canadian politician and businessman (Born 1882).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh Happy Day - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- Four Knights - Oh, Happy Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 January 1953 and get them!