Monday 26 January 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1959 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Steve Watt: Scottish professional welterweight boxing champion.
- KOKH TV channel 25 in Oklahoma City, OK (IND / PBS) begins broadcasting
- Italy government of Fanfani resigns.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Jack Scott - Goodbye Baby
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?