Friday 26 January 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1962 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Tom Keifer: rock guitarist/vocalist (Cinderella - "Heartbreak Station").
- Guo Jian: Chinese-Australian painter sculptor and photographer.
- Tim May: Australian cricketer.
- Oscar Ruggeri: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Michael Chiarello: American celebrity chef, restaurateur, vintner and cookbook author.
- Twist is impure and bans it from all Catholic schools
- US launches Ranger 3; misses Moon by 22,000 miles (37,000km).
- Bishop Burke of Buffalo Catholic dioceses declares Chubby Checker's "Twist" is impure and bans it from all Catholic schools.
- Canadian Marine Service renamed Coast Guard.
- Ranger program: Ranger 3 is launched to study the moon. The space probe later misses the moon by 22,000 miles (35,400 km).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Dion - The Wanderer
- The Shirelles - Baby It's You
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?