Saturday 26 January 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jazzie B and Claudia Lonow in New York City.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers.
In UK The Next Time / Bachelor Boy by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Raven, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching The Dakotas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1963 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Jazzie B: [Beresford Romeo]; English rapper (Soul II Soul - "Feel Free").
- Claudia Lonow in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Diana - Knots Landing).
- Riddell Akua: Nauruan politician.
- Gisela Valcarcel: Peruvian Hostess.
- José Mourinho: Portuguese-born football (soccer) coach of the famous Chelsea Football Club based in London.
- Jose Mourinho: Portuguese football manager
- Tony Parks: English footballer and manager
- Andrew Ridgeley: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Wham!)
- Gisela Valcárcel: Peruvian actress and publisher founded Gisela Magazine
- Milk & Honey closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 543 performances
- Major League Rules Committee votes to expand strike zone.
- The Australia Day shootings rock Perth, Western Australia 2 people are shot dead and 3 others injured by Eric Edgar Cooke.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?