Thursday 26 January 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Generals, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1967 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Christian Gaudin: French international handball player and current handball coach, who served as the manager of the Romanian men's national team in 2014.
- Mark Rockefeller: American noted family, the son and heir of Nelson and Happy Rockefeller.
- Jean-Paul Rouve: French actor, he began his career as radio presenter and became a member of the comic troup "Les Robins des Bois" with Maurice Barthélémy and others.
- Pradip Somasundaran: Indian playback singer.
- Katie Peterson-Parker in Bethesda: Maryland, USA; LPGA golfer (1995 Oldsmobile-5th).
- Jeff Branson: US baseball infielder (Cincinnati Reds).
- Tim Pugh in Lake Tahoe: California, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds, Kansas City Royals).
- Bryan Callen: American actor and screenwriter
- Anatoly Komm: Russian chef and businessman
- Needham: English businessman co-founded Internet Movie Database
- Tim Pugh: Lake Tahoe, California -- Pitcher (Cincinnati Reds, KC Royals)
- The Parliament of the United Kingdom decides to nationalize 90% of the British steel industry.
- ''Apollo 1'': U.S. astronauts Gus Grissom, Edward Higgins White, and Roger Chaffee are killed when fire breaks out in their Apollo spacecraft during a launch pad test.
- The United States, Soviet Union and United Kingdom sign the Outer Space Treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Nashville Cats
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?