Wednesday 26 January 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1972 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Harrison Houston: NFL wide receiver (Chicago Bears).
- Stewardess Vesna Vulovic survives 10,160m fall without parachute.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Badfinger - Day After Day
- Three Dog Night - Never Been To Spain
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
- The Stylistics - You Are Everything
- The Jackson 5 - Sugar Daddy
- Melanie - Brand New Key
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 January 1972 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?